ATS is the industry leader in using technology to revolutionize engineering and design processes. We create tools to help engineers and architects to integrate complex systems quickly and accurately for North America’s most exciting building projects.
ATS is, first and foremost, about delighting our clients and we are deeply committed to providing them with exceptional service. We are recognized for our technical expertise and experience, which we apply to help our clients succeed. We have a strong work ethic and will do all that we can to assist our clients complete their projects efficiently. Our thriving and motivated culture is the heartbeat of our organization. We hope you will become a part of it! We are currently seeking a full time Specification Writer to join our Specifications Team.
Why work at ATS?
- Competitive Salary
- Full Group Benefits Program
- Fooseball Tables
- Ping Pong Tables
- Free Parking
- On-site Gym Facilities
- Located near TTC
- Basketball Net
- Outdoor Patio
- Employee Events
- Dynamic Work Environment
- AWESOME Culture!
As the heart of our business, the Specification Team is deeply committed to fostering client relationships and providing exceptional customer service. Recognized for our construction specification expertise and experience, we put together accurate specifications and create high quality product renderings that are essential to our sponsors and a huge time savings for our end users. Our team of young, friendly professionals have strong problem-solving abilities and work in a fast-paced environment; performing effectively to meet ATS’ objective of a’24-hour’ project completion time.
As our Specification Writer, you will:
- Be mechanically inclined with knowledge of plumbing and mechanical systems; specifically focused on hydronics and pumps,
- Have product knowledge and sizing experience through prior opportunities, and continue to develop these skills through daily work and continuous product training,
- Be the go-to person for our multi-functional teams, as well as a point of contact for ATS and their user base,
- Provide customer support and technical information about products, product applications and sizing to mechanical engineers and designers,
- Prepare mechanical and architectural product specifications, design development, outline and design-build specifications for commercial projects across North America,
- Research and evaluate construction materials and products to satisfy the end user’s needs, as well as to comply with the building code pertinent to the project location, and other regulations.
As a Specification Writer, you must have:
- College Diploma or University Degree, or experience in a related field.
- At least 2-3 years of Mechanical Engineering background with familiarity of Building Codes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent fluency in English.
- Strong written abilities needed for internal and external purposes.
- Superior organizational skills and be tech savvy with excellent abilities using MS Office.
- Professional demeanour and appearance.
- Previous experience as a technical specialist (is an asset).
- AutoCAD, Pro E, Revit (nice to have).
FULL COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE
Please apply including your resume and salary expectations. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To learn more about ATS’ Companies, please visit our websites:
atsspec.ca /* *ats-sales.ca /* *visualspecbuilder.com /* *spectrumlockers.com
Allied Technical Sales Inc. values diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles and practices of employment equity and encourage all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.