There was a time when Multifamily developments did not accept our 4-legged friends. Luckily, now that has changed with the rise of dog spas, dog wash stations, and groom station accommodations being a key part of new developments. Real-estate has been catching up. Now it is apparent that you have to be pet-friendly to be successful in the industry.
The number of households with pets has jumped during the past decade. Now, 9-10 of potential buyers will ask about a Multifamily developments’ pet friendliness. In response to consumer demands, pet amenities have been popping up since the early 2000’s. While initially these amenities were limited to high-end residential facilities, now pet-friendly facilities are increasingly common and are a popular selling point in Multifamily housing developments.
Dog-wash stations provide renters or condo owners with a smart solution to keeping their dogs clean as bathing dogs can be tricky in showers and tubs designed for humans. Their fur clogs up drains and paws can cause damage to the finish of ceramic or fiberglass tubs intended for humans. For larger dogs, there is also the issue of lifting them into and out of the tub, which can be quite grueling for owners. Dog wash stations and grooming stations help solve all those issues for dog owners.
With ATS Email Spec Service our team will help you develop a customized specification to create the ideal Multifamily dog wash stations and/ or spa.
Here are 5 areas to focus on when designing dog wash stations.
The key factor when selecting sinks for dogs is the durability and size. Sinks need to be solid, and scratch resistant. This makes stainless steel sinks like the Franke-Wall Trough Sink Ideal.
- Single compartment wash trough.
- Center waste location.
- 14 gauge, type 304 Stainless Steel – Rim and Bowl polished satin finish
- 10” high backsplash.
- 1 1/2″ (38 mm) waste option available as a custom request.
Another important feature is size, larger dogs need larger sinks and an easy access entryway to avoid strain that comes with hoisting a larger dog. The Franke-Service/Mop floor mounted is the ideal sink for this application.
- Center Waste location.
- 16 gauge,
- type 316 Stainless Steel.
- Polished satin finish.
- Radius coved bowl corners.
- Integral 305mm high splashguard on left & rear sides ( to prevent all that mess)
The right faucet with ample hose length makes all the difference. Get into all those grooves and behind those big floppy ears with these faucets:
This shower offers a great pause feature which is ideal for dog wash stations as you can stop water flow when needed. Great for water conservation and splash prevention.
- 3-F water-saving hand shower
- Metal Hose
- Wall supply
- In-line vacuum breaker
- 36″ slide bar (914 mm)
- Rough PB valve w/stops
- 3-Way diverter valve
- Portsmouth diverter handle
- Tub Spout
- Single Hole Hose Reels
- 90-H – 2.5 GPM @ 60 PSI Hose Reel Spray Valve
- 3/8″ NPT Female Thread Inlet
- Retractable 35 Ft. x 3/8″ I.D. Rubber Hose
Drains and plumbing
With all the splashing and wet fur, having top-of-the-line clog-free drains for dog-wash stations is a must!
Watts Interceptors is a life saver as it prevents fur from clogging up your drains.
- For Solids, Hair, Plaster & Sediment Interceptor
- Epoxy Coated, steel body
- flush gasketed cover for floor mount or Recessed installation,
- Removable stainless steel sediment basket.
Blucher Commercial/Industrial floor drains are uniquely constructed to meet the strictest sanitary and hygienic requirements:
- All type 304 stainless steel body, non-adjustable
- 1% longitudinal slope and 160-degree cross fall
- 6” (152mm) wide
- grate locking device
- No burrs or sharp edges
- No corners or cavities inside the drain
- Hygienic backfilled frame edge
- Gratings available for any load class
- Sediment basket and sand bucket to catch debris
To keep the dog from getting too excited by their neighbors, partitions that are durable and moisture-resistant are a must! Bobrick® offers an impact and moisture resistant partition that perfectly fits the bill!
- Non-ghosting graffiti removal
- Scratch, dent, moisture, impact resistant
- Color Through panels
- Long-lasting, great for high traffic areas
Match these with the BOBRICK® partitions to store all the supplies such as shampoos and conditioners and towels required.
- Moisture resistant
- Dent resistant
- Graffiti resistant
Let the ATS Team help you find all the right products for your multifamily residential projects! Our Complimentary Email Spec Service provides customized plumbing and architectural specialty specifications right to your inbox. Simply send us your project details and one of our internal experts will assist with selecting the most suitable product combinations for your building.
Share this article